Our organic protein concentrates are based on Organic Brown Peas or Organic Fava Beans grown in Latvia and Finland. We produce the protein concentrates in a mechanical process with no heating or chemicals involved. The result is a native, raw and fully functional vegan protein concentrate with mild taste that has a wide range of applications in food processing. The protein content is over 50% in the Brown Pea concentrate and over 60% in the Fava Bean concentrate. Apart from protein the products contain mainly starch (naturally in the peas/beans) which gives them further functionality.
The main application areas are in vegan food (meat and dairy replacements), snacks etc.
Pea protein functionality includes:
– water and oil absorption (water absorption 1 : 4 at temperatures above 70°C)
– foaming agent
Pea protein concentrate benefits:
• High quality plant based protein
• Raw protein: Excellent functionality
– Pleasant taste profile compared to yellow and green peas
• High nutritional properties
• Perfect combination of protein and starch
• EU Origin
• Traditional European crop
Organic Brown Pea and Fava Bean Starchy Flour
Synergy with grain
The association of grain and legumes is of interest as grain such as wheat are deficient in lysine and rich in sulphur amino acids and legumes such as peas are rich in lysine and have low content of sulphur amino acids. Grain and legumes are a perfect match in your diet!